Monday, September 26, 2011

My Favorite Season

A few days ago summer died and autumn was born. I love the fall! I love the colors.  I love the cooler weather.  I love to wear thick sweaters. I love the color of the light in the fall. I love to drive through the canyon to collect the multi colored leaves.

At least that’s what I would love about fall if I didn’t live in Las freaking Vegas! On the first day of Fall we topped out at 100 degrees. A hundred mother lovin’ degrees! It’s almost October!! I rebelled.  I pulled on my wool Irish sweater and drank a mug of hot cocoa. I ended up having hallucinations brought on by heat stroke.

I miss seeing leaves change color. I miss the snap in the air. I miss Fall. If you live in an area that actually gets to experience Fall, how about opening your home to a neurotic writer who sleeps too much, eats too much, never makes her bed, and spends at least an hour a day in the tub? Any takers? 



No comments:

Post a Comment