Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Meet Joe!!!

Joe is Hell Kat’s gardener. He was born at Boudreaux House. His mother worked for a more "respectable" home in New Orleans. But when it was discovered that she was pregnant with the chauffer’s baby, her mistress threw her out on the street. Kat’s mother in law found her and took her in. When Joe was born his oxygen supply was caught off for several minutes. This caused him to be born with disabilities. He has never learned to read or write. Despite this handicap, he is the best gardener in Louisiana. He is fiercely loyal to Kat and feels the need to protect her.


**Author’s note: Joe cannot read or write. I asked him the questions and wrote down his answers.**

 
Character Biography

Name: Joe

Nickname: Big Joe

Occupation: Gardener at Boudreaux House.

Relationship Status: I ain’t in a relationship.

Age: 35
 
Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6’5”

Weight: I dunno. Around 320 I suppose.

Motto: Flowers make the world pretty.

Distinguishing Marks: I ain’t really got none. My hands are all scarred up from work but I ain’t never been cut bad before.

Favorite Weapon: I don’t like to fight but if I have to I just use my fists.

Best Friend: Prolly, Miss Kat.

Worst Enemy: Miss Kat’s brother. I know she says they’re just play fighting but I ain’t never seen no play fight cause that many bruises.

Last song played on my iPod: I got one of those! Miss Kat gave it to me. The last song I listened to was When You’re Smiling by Louis Armstrong.

Favorite Movie: I watched the funniest movie with Samantha the other day. It was called The Incredible Mr. Limpet.

Favorite Quote: I don’t know who said it but, “Earth laughs in flowers,” is my favorite saying. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Last Facebook post: I don’t have a Facebook.

Ten things you should know about Joe:

10. My favorite flowers are lilies because they smell so nice.
 
9. I know the names of every flower in the garden and how to care for them.

8. Stephan told me to look after Miss Kat. I don’t let nothing hurt her.

7. My favorite color is red.

6. I don’t much care for cutting the grass. I’d rather just grow flowers but I got to keep the grass looking nice or else nobody’ll notice my flowers.

5. I don’t really know why flowers grow so good for me. They just do. We understand each other.

4. Lilly makes the best cookies ever. She makes these chocolate ones that got peanut butter inside. I can eat about a hundred of em in one sitting.

3. I don’t like water.

2. Gregory is teaching me how to drive.

1. Miss Kat is the nicest lady I’ve ever met. She wouldn’t never hurt a fly. I love Miss Kat.




No comments:

Post a Comment