Yvette is the only character I’ve based on one single person. Yvette is the result of the world’s best manicurist, Tawana Yanez. She is the goddess of tips. The titan of toes. She is a genius and she keeps my polka dotted tips and toes looking fan-freaking-tabulous. For that she has my undying loyalty. I have taken a few liberties with Tawana’s persona. Yvette isn’t exactly Tawana, but Yvette’s strength, sense of humor, and personality are all Tawana. Tawana is a character all on her own. She’s smart, funny, sexy, and the best friend a girl could have. Tawana has a thing for cupcakes, vintage trailers, and pin-up girls. I could write an entire blog post on Tawana (note to self, write blog post on Tawana and all her fabulosity). She is flawless.
Let's meet Yvette!!
Let's meet Yvette!!
Yvette is the mother of two boys, the best stylist in Southern Louisiana, and 100% Cajun. Yvette is the feisty hairdresser responsible for Kat Boudreaux’s public image. Nothing is more important to her than her two sons, but that doesn’t stop her from putting them up on Craigslist after a hard day. She has a bit of a crush on Doc, but no man is worth giving up your freedom. Not even a hunky Navy medic. She knows everything about everybody and isn’t afraid to go public with all your dirty laundry. Don’t piss her off or she’ll chop your hair, dye it red, and start calling you Reba.
Name: Yvette Benoit
Occupation: Hairdresser, therapist, gossip mill foreman, miracle worker.
Relationship Status: Happily divorced
Hair Color: Redken Rocket Fire Red, with one platinum streak in the front brought to
you by Wella.
Eye Color: Emerald green, at least they've been emerald green for the past three years with the help of Acuvue 2 Color Enhancers.
Weight: NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!
Motto: There is no depression so great that can’t be fixed by a dozen doughnuts and a bottle of tequila.
Distinguishing Marks: On my right arm I have a tattoo of a pin-up girl on my bicep, a tattoo of a cupcake wearing a corset on my forearm, a tattoo of a perfume bottle with skull and cross bones on my wrist, and a bunch more tats that you will NEVER see.
Best Friend: Kat Boudreaux, best friend a bitch can have.
Worst Enemy: Bubba Benoit, my lazy, scum sucking, son of a bitch ex-husband.
Last song played on my iPod: Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd
Favorite Movie: The Witches of Eastwick
Favorite Quote: “I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.” –Marilyn Monroe
Last Facebook post: Turns out the “No Shirt No Service” sign is negotiable if you have tits.
Ten things you should know about Yvette:
10. Don’t touch my kids.
9. I am not a therapist or a priest. I am not required to keep your secrets.
8. I am a hairdresser, not a mind reader. If you don’t bring in a picture, you’re getting
what I say you’re getting.
7. You are paying me to cut your hair not fix your life.
6. Men are like dirty diapers, they’re all full of shit.
5. If my kid hits your kid and draws blood, I’ll probably high five him when your back is turned.
4. My teeth, nails, hair, boobs, and eye color are fake, and I’m perfect.
3. I know how to make pb&j. If you come over expecting food bring your own take-out menu.
2. I drive a glitter pink 66 GTO with a 454 supercharged engine. Yes, I can drive, it will kick your cars ass, and no I will not race your pimped out Honda Civic. My car won’t lower herself to your level.
1. If you don’t like country or Southern rock, get the hell out of my house, my car, and my salon.
Tawana Yanez is a BRILLIANT manicurist. Visit her website, it's like the Louvre for nails.