Bio: Doc is the team’s medic. The Marine Corps does not have medical staff so Doc is technically a Navy Corpsman. Don’t ever say he’s not a Marine. The Rat Bastards will kick the crap out of you. To them, he is all Marine. Doc is very cerebral. He does not speak often, but when he does, people listen. Doc is the heart of the team. He’s the medic, therapist, mother, father, best friend, and confidant of the Rat Bastards. The only Rat Bastard who knows more about the other Bastards is Shooter. Doc is unfailingly honest. If he promises to keep a secret, he doesn’t tell anyone. Doc is the only Rat Bastard who refuses to use offensive language. He feels that the only reason people use curse words is because they lack the vocabulary to express themselves appropriately. He isn’t pretentious and he doesn’t look down on his Bastards for swearing, he just chooses not to. Doc is extremely kind. Whenever the team has to deal with women, children, or anyone who is scared or feeling threatened, they send in Doc. He has an amazing ability to make people feel at ease around him. The Bastards have a deep love and protective nature for Doc.
Character Bio Questionnaire
Name: I have taken an oath not to divulge my name.
Rat Bastard Name: They have given me the name Doc.
|Navy Corpsman motto:|
"Until they are home,
No man left behind."
How did you get your Rat Bastard name? I am not a physician. I'm a Navy Corpsman. I have received extensive training to administer to battlefield wounds, but I am not above asking for help when I am faced with something that lies outside my scope of practice.
Occupation: Navy Corpsman, Operative for Archer International, Medic, Therapist, Dietician, and Priest (in practice, not name).
Relationship Status: I am not currently attached to anyone. There is someone I’d like to be attached to, but I don’t date patients.
Hair Color: Black
Weight: 225. I used to be much smaller, but I started working out with Shooter and Martinez and, well, you can’t help but grow around those two.
Motto: Primum non nocere, Above all, do no harm.
Distinguishing Marks: I have a scar that I am not permitted to disclose.
Favorite Weapon: A suture kit. My contribution to the team is keeping them in the fight.
Best Friend: Yvette Benoit
Worst Enemy: I try not to make them, but in my line of work they are inevitable.
Last Song Played On My iPod: I Would Die 4 U by Prince
Favorite Movie: Star Wars. I’m a closet sci-fi geek.
Favorite Quote: It’s not a quote, it’s a poem.
By William Ernest Henley
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate.
I am the captain of my soul.
Last Facebook Post: Taught Sam to whistle today. There is nothing as satisfying as teaching a child.
Ten things you should know about Me:
10. As a medic I am prohibited from engaging the enemy except in the defense of myself or my patients. You can shoot at me all you want, but shoot at my patients and you will earn a one way trip to paradise.
9. I speak Latin. As a language it’s dead, but it’s still relevant.
8. I will listen to you complain about your girlfriend, your CO, your friends, and battle fatigue. In the end, I will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
7. I would never intentionally harm someone, but if you say PTSD isn’t a real disease, I will light you on fire.
6. If you hurt a child or a woman, I will surgically remove your favorite appendage.
5. I can put a body back together, but I just don’t understand an engine. I leave all car maintenance to Yvette.
4. Yvette and I are NOT sleeping together.
3. I can find good in almost everyone, even Hell Kat.
2. I know when you’re hurting. I will insist you do something about it. If you need to talk, I’m here. If you need an injection of morphine, I’m here.
1. I love the Rat Bastards. You can’t serve someone and not end up loving them.
*You may have noticed a lack of funny in this bio. Doc is shy, quiet, and thoughtful. The Rat Bastards did not step in to give him a more entertaining bio. Doc has stitched their guts back in on the battlefield. Doc is more than respected, he is revered.*